What exactly is a Blowout? Funny you should ask…
More and more people are realizing the benefits of professional blowouts… as for the rest, well, they’re asking “What is a ‘blowout’?”.
Professional grooming is not a new concept, but the concept of salons specified to these “in-between” services is spreading rapidly. If you are amongst the crowd who has yet to decide to leave your regular hair care to the professionals, have no fear, you’re not alone. We had our Styling Expert, Kristen, put together some explanations, answering your questions of what a blowout is, what other hair services are available at TDD, and what are the benefits of using these services.
What exactly is a Blowout?
The Blowout is a service designed to maintain healthy and styled hair in between haircuts and colors. A full blowout service at TDD includes two washes, one wash using clarifying shampoo, and the other a Blowout Shampoo complete with thermal protectant. Of course, we condition the hair after the washes to prep it for a beautiful style. Our beauty bar offers add-ons for services, including deep-conditioning treatments and scalp massages.
Once your hair is clean and conditioned, the fun starts. We offer 7 specialty styles appropriately named, The 7 Daily Do’s. TDD Blowout Experts are experienced and well trained on brush control techniques and all products used during your services. At the Daily Details we use Kenra Platinum line to prep style and hold your style. Looking at hair type, scalp condition, and your desired look, we customize the styling products that best suit you.! Every service is tailored specifically to your hair and we make sure each client leaves feeling and looking amazing.
“Why do people get blowouts regularly?”
Why not?!? But seriously, the question is really WHO is taking advantage of professional styling? You might chose to leave it to the professionals if you:
- struggle with the thickness, or texture of your hair
- simply do not have time to spend drying and styling your own hair
- just want a polished manageable style that lasts
- are facing daily hair issues such as oily scalp or heat damaged hair (we are always willing to advise you in the health of your hair!)
“How long will a blowout last me?”
On average your blowout will last anywhere from 3-5 days. With more textured hair the number of days can multiply, and with finer hair it may need a little more maintenance to last. Once you get into a regular routine with blowouts, you will find that your hair is super adaptable. You can correct issues you face with your hair and scalp by regularly being serviced! We will provide you with tips on making your style last between services.
“Do you only do blowouts at your salon?”
The Daily Details is not a full service hair salon, we focus on specific elements of hair care including health and styling. We do not only do blowouts though.. we offer several hair services aside from our popular wash and style:
- The Pick-Me-Up – Unique to our beauty bar, the pick-me-up is a 30 minute dry-styling service. Whether you have plans after work, or an important meeting, or you just need 30 minutes of me-time, this service is for you! We can add curls, straighten your hair, style a bun or pony-tail, or give you a sweet braid… Get you ready for whatever is ahead on your agenda.
- The Refresh- This service is offered to clients who receive a blowout service. It is available 2-4 days after your blowout and usually takes about 15-20 minutes. For the refresh we tend to your roots, give you that boost your blowout may need to get you into the late week and maintain your style without starting back at the wash. The refresh is key in training your locks, and we offer it free to all TDD Elite members.
- Formal Styling- Got a big event on your calendar? We love being part of celebrations! All of our styling professionals are talented in styling beautiful, long lasting formal up-dos. Whether you’re looking for that little extra for a birthday gathering , or it’s the biggest day of your life and you need to look just perfect TDD has your hair covered no matter the occasion!
Stay tuned for our video premiere!!!!
Hoping this cleared up any questions, and helped you see that convenience is just one of the benefits of a blowout. Look out next week as we launch our very first video!! Salon Manager Ashley debuts her voice over skills with an awesome visual aid explaining Blowout Basics and spotlighting our choice products and tools at The Daily Details! In honor of our video debut we will be offering $10 off all Blowouts and Pick-Me-Up Services Sundays through Thursday for ALL of October. That’s not all beauties… take advantage of the special and show our new video some love by liking and sharing it on your favorite social media platform and you will receive a FREE gift when they come in for their service too! Can’t wait to see you soon!
Yours In Style,